Thursday, April 5, 2007

True to form

Well as always when you cannot find my post at photoblog it didn't like me at that hour and I got the big NO way on posting.. so be it. Here I am. Today at work was ok I guess. I had a good time at work. Was beautiful here!! It was 75!! Sunny! (I'm sending warm weather your way Day by day! and Magnolia sun, both of whom I know are getting snow right now.. you poor gals..

Came home and helped hubby in the yard a bit. Guess what I did at lunch time?? I went pug shopping!! I went to a pet shop and looked but have been told that its not a good place to get a pug because they are from puppy mills. So I need to ask you pug owners a few things. Can you tell me what you use for Pet insurance and what you do with your pug all day if you work? These are the few things that are hindering the pug buy. Its not the money but its the being fair to the pet. I know that he or she will have to stay inside and by themselves all day for about 8 hours. What about traveling? What do you do then do you have someone watch the pug or take with? I know if we car drive we will always take our pug. I'm not sure about planes and all that anyone give some insight? Well thanks for coming by guys.. I'm posting late and I'm tired.. I'll live with you some visuals!



This one is mine! ( I wish) 999 bucks!!



Makes typing a you know what




I had the grilled Mahi Mahi tacos




Took the train downtown



What our Train ticket station looks like



6 comments:

kristie said...

although i don't have dogs/pugs i'll tell you my thoughts. first i commend you for not getting a dog at a pet store! we don't have pet insurance for our 4 cats. maybe if you got 2 they could keep each other company while y'all were at work? but from experience ours all sleep while we are gone so maybe a dog would too? when we are on vacation my parents come over to take care of the cats. people i know who have dogs either have a dog sitting service come over and take care of them or send them to doggie kennel...they have each researched to find the VERY best situation for their pets! good luck on your search!

Sandy said...

I wish I had one of those tacos!!

Those poor doggies in the pet stores are so overpriced. I wish there were laws protecting animals and making breeders treat them decently. Puppies are so fun but here's the deal with them: They will destroy things when they are left out without supervision. They are quick and need lots of training. Pugs SHED fur a lot. So if that's something that will not go over well in your house, that's a big consideration. Their hair gets on everything. We have never put ours in a kennel...always had my sister keep them. If I were to start over with a new dog, I would seriously crate train it and then let it stay in a kennel when I travel so that it is an experience that it's comfortable with and then I would feel free to travel and not worry so much. Two pugs together is wonderful because they are so loving and social I think they need a friend. We don't have vet insurance and you have to be careful to find out what the insurance will cover. With four pugs, our vet bills are quite a bit and old age brings on many trips to the vet. But one or two pugs is managable. One time Chichi had an eye injury and it involved an operation and it cost $1,000 and trips to an eye doctor vet that was out of town. If you want a pug that is already trained and calm, you could check into a pug rescue organization and see about getting a pug that is older and already trained. They make great pets and are so loving.

Chandra said...

I know people say that you should not buy a animal from a pet store but I think they deserve a good home as much as any animal. I got my pug from a lady but I think she breeds a lot of different dogs. I am not sure if it was puppy mill or not but it may have been. I would not trade him for the world. He is in his crate while we are at work and we let him out when we get home. Right now he is not wanting to sleep at night so I have to put him in his crate at night also. He seems to be just fine. Good luck with your search

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Thank for sending me (a.k.a Daybyday)Warmer weather! We need it! I am so envious of your weather!

Anonymous said...

Hey, cool, Max! I have not used it before, but my Dad lives in Eugene and uses it when he's in Portland.

My name is Katy and I live in FL. with my husband, 2 kids and 2 dogs...one of them being a pug, Suki. We are selling our house and will be moving to Eugene as soon as it's sold! We can't wait..I love the NW.

You're right about not getting a puppy from a pet store - it will definitely be from a puppy mill and will have many health problems. Try looking for a breeder through breeders.net or checking your local pug rescue. Good luck, and stop by Suki's blog anytime!

Punchbugpug said...

Hard to say about where to get puppies. Some "breeders" are puppy mills too! Rescue is a super way to go. We don't have pet insurance. I figured out the cost and at this point it is not worth it. Better probably to just put the money away in a savings account to use! LOL If you get two then they keep each other company! I think everyone will agree that Pugs are the best! You will not regret getting one...unless it's like Rosie and eats your nice shoes or chews the end of your new bed!!!! Good luck with your decision.