Monday, December 22, 2008

worst snow storm ever..

10:16pm Well we are in the midst of one of the worst snow storms to hit the Northwest. Now mind you, I've only been living here nearly 10 years but this has got to be the worst I've ever seen out this way.

Now before all you Easterners sniff about this, keep in mind we do not get this kind of weather in Oregon often. I have lived in the Midwest and this kind of occurrence is natural there. This is definitely something in the making. It has nearly crippled this city. I will be glad when its all over though.

Christmas right around the corner, we need to finish some Christmas shopping maybe we can do it on Friday.. we don't see his family until Friday evening, we need to get his sister something else other that what we already have. We bought his mom something nice too hope she likes that. I guess we'll get her something else too will have to see if we can even get out, we've been cooped in for awhile now.

We have gotten out a bit and walked a few times but haven't really been anywhere to speak of. We did venture the mall yesterday but hardly anything was open due the conditions. I have two weeks off my vacation started on Friday but so far nothing fun has been happening except being snowed in. Thought I'd share a few pictures with you.


My old car buried..





down our street


Hub digging out look how deep that snow drift was..

2 comments:

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

yep! I totally hear you! Us too! we had over 2+ feet fall in under two days... and it is still coming down! GAH!

Magnolia Sun said...

Brrrrrrrr, I'm so glad I'm in the south.